Does banana peel whiten your teeth and How to whiten teeth with banana peel, are the 2 most asked questions today about the banana peel teeth whitening method. And as I am very obsessed (positively of course) with teeth whitening in general and at-home methods in particular, I’ve decided to give my take by answering to these questions and more by covering all the possible aspects about this subject.
Before you continue reading this article, I am very excited to let you know about a Book that took me a Full Year to put together! I would love to offer it to you for free (Download it by Clicking Here), it includes a total of 100 teeth whitening tips, tricks, methods and strategies that you won’t find anywhere else! I am sure you will find it extremely valuable!
Can a Banana peel really whiten your teeth ?
There has been during the last 5 years lot of controversy about the banana peel teeth whitening method. Many people are expressing their reluctance about this DIY strategy and couldn’t really believe its ability to provide any noticeable results. On the other hand, you can easily find on the internet many individuals confirming that this method worked for them just fine. In fact, these people seem to be happy with the reached results.
Even some dentistry specialists and researchers from some universities confirm there is some science to it. No scientific ultimate evidence or official release confirming that as a fact just yet. However, there are many relevant reasons that could justify the ability of a banana peel to provide pleasant teeth whitening results.
My Random Experience
I had an experience with Banana I’d like to share. Actually, I was doing lot of bodybuilding when I was in high school, and my training partners were advising me to eat Banana as much as possible due to its benefits for muscle building.
I’ve welcomed this advice as Banana was just one of my favorite fruits. I believe during the last high school year I ate more Bananas than what I’ve eaten during the last 4 or 5 years, if not more. Thus, I remember my teeth had reached their optimum brightness during that year somehow. Of course, I had an extremely healthy lifestyle during that year, but I still feel that overeating Bananas consistently was a big factor though.
Teeth Whitening effect could be just another Powerful Banana Peel Benefit.
There is a numerous variety of proven Banana peel benefits you probably already know. These benefits seem really to be very powerful in a way I would think that the Banana Peel Teeth Whitening Effect is just another benefit.
In fact, Banana Peel is commonly used to:
- Relieve pain: you only need to place the peel on the body part causing you the pain for 30 minutes. If you want to get better or quicker results you may mix the Banana Peel with vegetable oil.
- Relieve of bug bites: A quick banana peel massage on mosquito bites will provide instant relief from pain and itching.
- Remove Warts: By directly rubbing the Banana Peel on the affected area you will stop warts from reoccurring.
- Feed animals (as it is rich in nutrients) and also as a natural fertilizer for plants after drying by making it into a powder.
- Treat Acne: By massaging the peel on your body or face for 5 minutes straight, acne will gradually disappears.
- Heal psoriasis: In this case, you need to apply the peel on the psoriasis affected area in order to reduce its itchiness.
- Reduce wrinkles: When you add an egg yolk to a mashed banana peel. You can use this mixture as an anti-wrinkle face pack. You just need to apply it on your face and wash it off after five minutes.
- Keep your skin hydrated: You can use the same exact mixture described above for wrinkles to keep your skin hydrated for a decent period of time.
After checking this amazing list of benefits provided by a Banana Peel, anyone including myself, would easily think or even believe that the teeth whitening effect would be just an additional Banana Peel Benefit.
What Makes from a Banana Peel a Legit Teeth Whitening agent ?
Banana is a delicious fruit which is preferred by a vast majority of people including me. It is used in many desert and juice recipes not only for the enjoyable taste Banana has but also for its overall health benefits. However, after peeling Banana, the peel is usually thrown in the dustbin regardless of all its benefits.
Actually, Banana Peel is rich in vital minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and manganese. Besides, it has also a considerable amount of Vitamin D. Let’s breakdown, how these vital elements could have amazing positive impact on your teeth and their brightness.
Calcium and Vitamin D play a crucial role in keeping your teeth healthy. That is, Vitamin D is continually giving your body the edge to absorb its needs in term of Calcium. In other words, you could have more than enough Calcium in your body but without a decent portion of Vitamin D, this calcium will only be stocked or lost and your teeth won’t be able to get any benefit from it. So having both elements on a Banana Peel could justify its ability to provide more strength to your teeth and more brightness as well.
Anything else ?
Yes, Magnesium is also a powerful mineral which provides some help to the body to absorb its calcium daily needs. Besides, Magnesium is an essential element for remineralizing your teeth by strengthening your enamel in a way it resists to decay. There are even some specialists who recommend using magnesium supplements on your teeth to help remineralize them. So why not having it from an almost free source like a Banana peel.
Potassium and manganese are two more minerals with benefits not only for your teeth but also its enamel and the gum. Studies show that banana peel is a good source of carbohydrates and fibers. Thus, it has good antioxidant potential, and has very low concentrations of non-essential minerals that can be harmful especially for your teeth and their brightness.
At the end of the day it is all good, and the Banana Peel composition seems to be great for your teeth, its brightness and your overall oral health.
Select the right Banana Peel to whiten your teeth
Before you start whitening your teeth using a Banana Peel, you need to take into consideration the following elements:
- You better choose ripe bananas from your fruit plate.
- Don’t use a black peel (A black peel means it has lost most of its minerals).
- Don’t use a Banana peel from a banana which was peeled a long time ago. You better use it immediately after peeling.
- Use a brand new fresh banana peel for optimal results.
- It just not recommended storing banana peels in a refrigerator.
- Store bananas in a dry place and keep them away as much as possible from sources of heat or sunlight.
After verifying the above conditions you can consider yourself ready to start whitening your teeth.
The Banana Peel Teeth Whitening Procedure
Keep in mind that whitening your teeth using a Banana Peel is safe and doesn’t involve any risk because it is not harsh or sharp to cause any damage at all. Another thing I like about this method is that it’s 100% natural with 0% chemical ingredients. Moreover this Method is an environment friendly one that allows you to use Banana Peel rather than throwing it in the dustbin.
Below the Method explained Step-By-Step:
- Select the right banana peel as described above.
- Get a small part of the peel.
- Rub your teeth with it exactly like a toothbrush, the essential minerals required by your teeth will be absorbed. Besides, the antioxidant activity will also help to repair the damage done due to aging.
- Leave the banana peel residue on your teeth for about 10 minutes. Try to keep your mouth open and your lips away from your teeth – this may feel a bit uncomfortable.
- Use a quality dry toothbrush. Brush your teeth for 5 minutes. This would spread the Banana peel minerals in your teeth. I recommend using the toothbrush with a circular motion
- Keep in mind that a quality toothbrush would be more helpful to remove all the dirt from your teeth. You can get this quality toothbrush from Amazon.
- Brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste. You can get this quality toothpaste from Amazon
- Rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash.
- Continue this treatment every day for two weeks.
You should notice some good results afterwards.
To sum up, while the science behind this method is yet to be confirmed, it’s worth at least one try. It may suit you and provide you with the results you are looking for. Just be aware if you have diabetes or any anti-sugar disease, that Banana has lot of natural sugar. So it would be much better to try this method only once or twice a week.
On the other hand, if you are seeking for some professional, quick and durable results, you can check these reviews.